REFLECTOR: Intercooler pictures
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Aug 30 15:53:56 CDT 2007
Brain,
Interesting design. So the cooling air makes an "S" turn as it goes
through the intercooler?
How did you calculate the intercooler size? My intercooler doesn't look
anywhere
near that big, I used Bell's formula from his book "Maximmum Boost".
His company made my intercooler and I had one of their engineers verify
my size requirements for 325 HP. The intercooler that came with my
engine was about %15 larger than the new I had built but the cooling
air through that one also had to make an "S" turn like yours to get
through. Both were made by Bell.
Hopefully I haven't undersized it. I have a temp probe right after the
intercooler to monitor the boosted air temperature.
Scott
--
-
The antidote for misuse of freedom of speech is more freedom of speech.
Molly Ivans
More information about the Reflector
mailing list