REFLECTOR: Flight data

Joe Ewen Jewen at comporium.net
Mon Aug 27 17:07:10 CDT 2007


Dave,
Do you have a photo of the belly scoop?
Joe
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: David Bertram 
  To: reflector 
  Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 5:08 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Flight data


        On a specially built test stand my Chevy V-8 was putting out 350hp to the prop.  I have the GM 383 performance engine with a gear drive at 1.73 to 1.  My fuel system is built by Airflow Performance.  It is mechanical.  I run a dual MSD ignition system.  My prop is a MT three-bladed electric constant speed recommended  for the Velocity V-8.
        T.O. RPM  Prop 2750,  engine 4750
        Climb prop 2500, engine 4200
        Cruise prop 2100, engine 3750  fuel 15gph, tas 175
        Cruise prop 2300, engine 4100  fuel  17gph, tas 185
        cruise  prop 2400, engine 4200, fuel 18.5 tas 195
        Some of the RPM numbers arent quite correct but they are close, as I am using my ancient brain cells.  My Chevy has run great and my cooling problems ended when I put a belly scoop on the cowl for my radiator.
        Dave Bertram
        N350TX  
               
       



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070827/cf95c1d9/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list