REFLECTOR: Towing

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 12:19:54 CDT 2007


Jerry,

I have a "T" hanger and put the plane in nose first.  I drive it in and shut down.  No pushing required.  Pushing it out is down hill.

Larry Coen
N136LC
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Jerry Teitsma 
  To: Reflector 
  Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 2:57 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Towing


  My ramp is too steep to manually push the Velocity back into the hangar.  I need to tow it in some fashion.  With my FG version, I intend to tow it backwards, pulling on the two main gear legs.  I have done this once and it doesn't seem to create problems.  If I do not buy a suitable tow vehicle, I intend to buy an electric winch bolted to the floor.  Is there a problem towing the plane backward?  

  Jerry Teitsma, RRC, RRO, CCCA
  RCI, Inc
  PO Box 796, Granby CO 80446 (USPS mail/shipping)
  36 Lodgepole Ct, Granby CO 80446 (UPS/FedEx shipping)
  970-887-3910 (Phone/Fax)
  jerryteits at comcast.net



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070827/8d12e724/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list