REFLECTOR: towing
Keith Hallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Aug 26 16:56:57 CDT 2007
Lou,
The problem with towing is that Velocities are very light in the nose. Not
quite as bad as a LongEZ or VariEze, but definitely a significant risk of
tipping the plane up onto the prop. If you can ballast the front of the
plane it would reduce the risk.
Keith Hallsten
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Lou Stedman
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:32 AM
To: Reflector Velocity
Subject: REFLECTOR: towing
I have looked through the Velocity Manuel but can't seem to find anything
about towing. I have a STD FG and am wondering if a tow bar can be used on
the castoring wheel? Our airport is having the ramp repaved for the next two
weeks. The only access from the t-hangers is through the grass. I am not too
excited about taxing my bird through the grass but was not clear about the
possibility of towing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I posed a question a while back but it got lost in another subject. Is
there an allowable slop in the nose gear strut? Mine has slight movement.
What is the repair for this?
Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070826/a1615077/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list