REFLECTOR: Take-off rpm

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 20:58:27 CDT 2007


Mine was a 67X78. It should have been 67X80.  I'm sure it would have done better.  Paul Calhoun had the 67X80 and it did better. Catto told me later that mine did need the 80.  Paul's did something like 2300 static but on take off it didn't do as well as mine. I got a good 1000 plus but on the upper end mine didn't do as well. Paul's was seeing a good 190kts.  Mine only saw a little over 180kts. Some where I have this all written down. But by memory this is all that comes up.  I'm back to the MT right now and I was suppose to have gotten my new Vesta blades this week but it didn't happen. 
Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: cgputney at peoplepc.com 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:04 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Take-off rpm


  Dave, I have a 66" X 82" Catto three blade on a 260HP IO540.    @ 900 msl std day, get 2340 static, rising to 2450 ato.   G. Putney
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: David Bertram 
    To: reflector 
    Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:02 AM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: Take-off rpm


          Anyone one out there running an IO-540 with a fixed pitch Catto three bladed prop, what rpm are you getting on take-off?  Just normal conditions not high altitude or extreme temps.  
          Dave Bertram
          N350TX 
                 
         
     


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070824/71b2ce9d/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list