REFLECTOR: finger strainers vs. mom's kitchen strainer

Craig and Denise Woolston cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 21 08:02:45 CDT 2007


Another consideration (I know this might be a little late) but that would be
a long reach with the fuel hose dragging over the strake.

 

My 2 cents.

 

Craig

XL-5FG Flying in Lancaster, CA

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Douglas Holub
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:39 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: finger strainers vs. mom's kitchen strainer

 

I had decided to use the finger strainers because installing mom's kitchen
strainer looked a little awkward. But then it occured to me that the purpose
of the kitchen strainer and the finger strainers aren't the same. If the
lineman's nose ring accidentally falls into the fuel tank while he's filling
it up, it could find its way to the 3/8" fuel outlet and plug it up. With a
3" kitchen strainer mesh around the fuel outlet, small leaves or debris that
might get into the tank won't plug up the outlet.

 

Also, I installed my fuel ring over the fuel tank compartment with the fuel
outlet so that I can periodically inspect mom's kitchen strainer to make
sure it's not getting clogged up with anything. At the annual condition
inspection I could run a little vaccuum hose down into the tank and suck up
any debris that had accumulated. The trade off is that the cap is now inside
the prop arc, so I'll need to have some kind of back-up chain that holds on
to the cap even if I forget to put it back on. The cap is plastic. Would it
damage a Catto prop if it hit it? 

 

Doug Holub

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070821/fcf63e2f/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list