REFLECTOR: Building in larger raduis joints, and blended winglets...

Khasky, Albert Albert.Khasky at Virteva.com
Mon Aug 20 15:20:45 CDT 2007


Wow! Good read!

 

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Douglas Holub
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 2:29 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Building in larger raduis joints,and blended
winglets...

 

Here's a thread with some good info:

 

http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net/showthread.php?t=4114

	----- Original Message ----- 

	From: Khasky, Albert <mailto:Albert.Khasky at virteva.com>  

	To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  

	Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 12:47 PM

	Subject: REFLECTOR: Building in larger raduis joints, and
blended winglets...

	 

	Hi gang! 

	 

	First of all, for those I did not meet this year at OSH, my name
is Albert Khasky and I am building an XL-5 retract. I am a SAN engineer
in MN with my wife Bre and 7 month old  Henri...blah blah blah... ;-)

	 

	Anyhoo,

	 Got a question-and forgive me if it has been beaten to death
already-I want to blend my winglets, upper and lower wing/strake to
fuselage joints etc to eliminate hard angles and drag. It was discussed
some at OSH. I am thinking of making the radius joints out of foam and
bonding them down with 2 bid rather than a huge amount of micro which
might crack...what do you think? Also how much radius does it take to
really make a difference in this area? Is a finger width fillet enough,
and more would be just aesthetic?

	Thanks!

	 

	Albert

	"Dream it, Build it, kick it , scream at it, pee on it, and
someday fly it"

	
________________________________


	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070820/29a33586/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list