REFLECTOR: Weird bill
Chuck Jensen
cjensen at dts9000.com
Sun Aug 19 15:19:24 CDT 2007
Keith,
Resolving the problem may be simpler than you imagine. First of all,
the burden of proof is on them, not the aircraft owner. They must prove
that you were there---not your having to prove you weren't. A simple
note on the invoice and return-to-sender may do trick but sometimes a
follow up call is necessary. It isn't fair that we should be
inconvenienced by the mistakes of others, but s*** happens all the
times....just ask Tom.
Chuck Jensen
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Keith Hallsten
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 4:13 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Weird bill
Ron,
As near as I can understand, the invoice I received was from a private
firm for parking on their ramp, not from any government agency.
However, there are a number of airports in the US that have begun
charging landing fees, ramp fees, etc. by mail - potentially putting
any of us in the position of proving that we were NOT in some particular
location on some particular day if their spotter mistakenly lists our
tail number. I can imagine circumstances in which this might be
difficult!
Keith
________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Brown
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:29 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Weird bill
Keith, MAKE SURE AOPA gets a copy of this!!!!! User fees at its
best!!!!!!!
----- Original Message -----
From: Keith Hallsten <mailto:KeithHallsten at quiknet.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 2:29 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Weird bill
I was amused to receive an invoice in the mail for $150
Canadian, plus $9 GST for parking N585V on the ramp at Kelowna, BC. It
was amusing because, while I have reserved that number for my Velocity
project, it is not registered to any aircraft. The invoice said that it
was a Lear 25! Apparently they just took the number down incorrectly.
I guess the Canadians have some means of searching for the
owners of reserved US numbers. I had been under the impression that the
FAA searchable database was only for registered aircraft. Anyone know
anything about this?
I wrote them a nice note wishing them good luck in finding the
owner of that Lear 25!
Keith Hallsten
Not a flyable aircraft yet!
________________________________
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070819/ce56e258/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list