REFLECTOR: Transponder Antenna

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 05:41:07 CDT 2007


I have heard repeatedly that teh Transponder is a high output transmission 
and the antenna should be located as far away from the occupants as 
possible.

Larry E.


>From: "Emanuel Lewis" <elewis8 at nycap.rr.com>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Transponder Antenna
>Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 05:45:04 -0400
>
>O 540I wrote a few weeks ago asking about best location for a transponder 
>antenna.  I have a new "sharkfin" type antenna I plan to locate under the 
>copilot seat.  Does anyone have information/experience about the difference 
>in performance if the antenna penetrates the fuselage so that its surface 
>is outside vs. mounted inside the fuselage?  Also, how about the size of 
>the aluminum plate that serves as a ground plane?
>Thanks,
>Manny Lewis


>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list