REFLECTOR: Engine Ideas? Superior/Lycoming

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Apr 30 09:44:01 CDT 2007


Hey Kevin,

If you can find anything, please let me know. I am stuck between a rock 
and a hard place now by Superior.

Thanks,

Richard

Kevin Baker wrote:
> ahhhh... oh I remember the post  now.
> Thanks for the info. Good luck on your search. If I run across one 
> I'll send you the info.
>
> Kevin Baker
>
> At 09:16 PM 4/29/2007, Richard J. Gentil wrote:
>> Kevin,
>>
>> I have posted about it a couple of times now, I was one of the first 
>> to put down a deposit back in June. Right now Superior is expecting 
>> to have XP-400s maybe by September. The SRE's will not have a 
>> deadline, since they do not have the straight XP-400s sorted out. 
>> Also, in order to get the 250hp, you need to run the engine at 2,900rpm.
>>
>> Right now I am trying to find an IO-390X, since I am too far along on 
>> my build and I cannot wait another year + for an SRE.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> Kevin Baker wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> Was just wondering if anyone has heard, thought of, or are using 
>>> these engines.
>>>
>>>
>>> *Superior's XP-400SRE
>>> *XP-400 SRE Specifications
>>> Model IO-400
>>> Displacement 400 cubic inches
>>> Compression 10:1
>>> Prop. Drive Direct, AS127 Type 2 Modified
>>> Prop. Type Constant-Speed
>>> Weight 316 lb
>>> Mount Type 1 or 2 Dynafocal, Conical
>>> Horsepower 250 HP wtih 10:1
>>> Dimensions 24.0" H x 34.3" W x 32.8" D
>>> Note Only available with roller lifter technology
>>> http://www.xp-360.com/index.asp?content
>>>
>>> *Superior's XP-400Plus
>>> * http://www.xp-360.com/index.asp?content
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> Lycoming IO-390-X series engines are 390 cubic inch, fuel-injected, 
>>> 4-cylinder direct drive engines that produce 210 horsepower at 2,700 
>>> RPM. The IO-390-X is one of Lycoming's "Specialty" engines, and is 
>>> designed to meet the power, payload, and speed requirements of the 
>>> fast-growing kit aircraft segment. All this power and innovation is 
>>> offered with the advantage of low fuel consumption, only 11.1 
>>> gallons per hour at 65 per cent power.
>>>
>>> http://www.lycoming.com/engines/series/390-series-engines.jsp
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kevin Baker
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit
>>>
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>
>>> Visit the gallery! 
>>> www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>>> user:pw >>> Check new archives:
>>> www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>>> Check old archives:
>>>
>>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>
>>>
>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>> Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
>>> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.1/778 - Release Date: 4/27/2007
>>> 1:39 PM
>>>  
>>>       
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.2/780 - Release Date: 
>> 4/29/2007 6:30 AM
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
> Version: 7.5.467 / Virus Database: 269.6.2/781 - Release Date: 4/30/2007 9:14 AM
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070430/bad17835/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list