REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain EIFS

Darrell & Nora Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Mon Apr 23 06:34:14 CDT 2007


Well, all I'm saying is that I can't remember BMA stating they are ending
support for their gold box efis systems.  There is nothing on their web site
stating this fact.  Nor have I ever heard of anyone being denied support
yet.

 

I don't understand how you can sue a company based on the ASSUMPTOIN they
are going to end support sometime in the future.  

 

Darrell

 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom Martino
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:26 AM
To: Velocity List
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Blue Mountain EIFS

 

It is not the fact that new stuff comes along.  We all know this is
inevitable.  However ... Several years ago The Federal Trade Commission came
down on companies for not supporting what they sold.  Although there were no
"hard and fast" rules ... It was considered an unethical business practice
to product something and NOT have parts available.  In the case of BMA there
will be no spare parts in the very near future.  Believe me .. There are
many corporate executives who love to serve passive consumers who say "Oh
well ... That's the way it goes."  But that is NOT the way it goes with
reputable companies.  And there have been many court precedents to prove it.
It is not reasonable that people spend thousands of dollars and not have
parts available.  No one expects technology to stand still ... But there is
no excuse for NOT supporting a customer base.  If you want to bend over and
take, go ahead.  

The second issue is that of misrepresentation.  When you make specific
promises about a product to get people to buy it and those promised are
untrue ... That is called:  Fraud in the inducement.  And oh ... That is not
the way things go.  It is wrong.



  


On 4/22/07 11:08 PM, "Al Gietzen" <ALVentures at cox.net> wrote:

One thing all of us who lust after glass panels are going to have to get use
to is how quickly this equipment is going to be obsolete.  It's not just BMA
who has these issues.  All the manufacturers are in the same boat.  Even
Garmin.  Just watch.  In 5 years the +$80,000 G1000 will be replaced by
something that will makes it look like an Atari 2600.  The Garmin 396 wasn't
even out for 1 full year when they announced the 496.  Anyone who bought the
396 can't be too happy about that deal.
 
There is nothing you can do about it.  It's the nature of the business.
 
Darrell

I'm very sorry to hear about the lack of support for the Blue Mountain.  I
just thought it worth noting that I bought my GRT Horizon EFIS over two
years ago (jan -05), and it has been completely upgradeable through the most
recent versions; including traffic and weather - and of course the terrain
scales with the range setting.  Easy downloads of upgrades from their
website to a memory stick; plug into USB port and upgrade. Customer service
has been great.  So I guess it depends on who you buy it from.
 
5 years?  I don't know.  We'll see.  By then I'll probably want to upgrade
the panel anyway.
 
Al

  _____  

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070423/aafed421/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list