REFLECTOR: oil temp problems solved
steve korney
s_korney at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 18:55:01 CDT 2007
Hi Mack...
Can you explain the process of putting the Lycoming vernatherm back together
after increasing the length of the 3/16 rod 1/4 of and inch...? Did you put
an extension behind it in the hole...? How do you get the snap ring back
in? Have you defeated the purpose of the vernatherm...? How much more
pressure are the oil lines and the cooler subjected to with the
extension...? I would like to learn about this....
Best... Steve
----Original Message Follows----
From: MMurp16900 at aol.com
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: oil temp problems solved
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:49:03 EDT
Hello Jack
subject oil temp.
I am so happy you solved your oil cooler by- pass valve seat problems.
That is addressed in LYC .service instruction 1316 A,
As you know it must be tightly closed and seated to cause all the oil to go
thru the coolers.
I did something that would not recommend to any one.it is only an
experiment.
I increased the length of the 3/16 rod approximately 1/4 inch so the valve
is tightly closed and I had to tape off the rear cooler so we can get cabin
heat. oil temp. 180 f while long climb
Regards
Mack
Xl IO540 300 hp
.
************************************** See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_________________________________________________________________
Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new
payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581
More information about the Reflector
mailing list