REFLECTOR: Panel Changes

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:31:50 CDT 2007


My first thought is that the EFIS belongs where the Ai is, or what's the 
point?
If you cannot get an HSI display on the Dynon, I would put the HSI or #1 Nav 
Head immediately below it. Those 2 items should be in "primary" view.

IMHO

Larry Epstein


>From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Panel Changes
>Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:17:53 -0600
>
>I'm going to be installing two Dynon instruments. One an EFIS an the other 
>an EMS(Engine Monitor System).  I have 8 3.125 instruments in an extended 6 
>pack configuration.  The standard 6 pack plus two CDI's to the right, one 
>for the GPS the other for the VOR/ILS.  Two rows of 4 instruments. Because 
>of the size of the Dynon units the easiest place to install them is where 
>the CDI units are.
>
>So I now have 8 holes and 10 instruments.  2 have to go. I'm looking for 
>input as to which two instruments to ditch and why you think so...
>
>First some info on the existing instruments.  	1.) The AI & DG are integral 
>to my auto pilot so for now they must stay. This also gives me redundancy 
>for gyro instruments, one set vacuum the other electric. 	2.) The GPS 
>course will be displayed on the Dynon when the EFIS or EMS is in HSI mode, 
>but they don't have a course indicator when it is in AI mode.. Not sure 
>when they expect to get that added.
>	3.) The VOR/ILS can not be displayed on the Dynon, incompatible interface.
>
>I have attached an image of what the panel looks like and possible layouts 
>I have come up with. I welcome any comments..
>
>thanks, Scott
>
>
>--
>
>-
>    The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public 
>opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The 
>agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the 
>waters pure.
>
>    Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491
>


><< dynonplacement.jpg >>


>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list