REFLECTOR: Aileron Cables(Fire-sleeving)

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Tue Apr 10 17:22:40 CDT 2007


I bought ThermoSleve from Summitt racing for my cables. It is not firesleve 
like we are used to in aviation (big thick difficult stuff).  Here's the bit: 
 
 "Using Thermo-Sleeve will provide your wires and hoses with protection from 
both radiant and conductive heat. The aluminized sleeving reflects over 90 
percent of heat, while the inner material is fireproof and resistant to oil. 
Combined, the high-temperature fabric and reflective foil skin provide the 
protection you need in today's high-performance applications." 
 
Here's a link: _Thermo-Tec Thermo-Sleeve - summitracing.com_ 
(http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400356+301924+115&autoview=sku) 
 
I used this on a few applications so far and like it. 
 
One note.. it WILL NOT stretch.  If you order 1/2" sleeve.. it will just 
barely hold something 1/2" thick. very tight tollerances. 
 
Oh.. and like Brian I ceramic coated my exhaust (big surprise huh Brian). 
 
Kurt Winker



************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070410/31582777/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list