REFLECTOR: alternator field switch

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sat Apr 7 01:52:52 CDT 2007


I saw no need to have a switch for the alternator field.  You do want
over-voltage 'crow-bar' circuit which will pop the breaker, or otherwise
open the circuit, in the event of excessive voltage.  I put in a pullable
breaker in the event I want the field off.  

 

Assuming you have a voltage readout, and I think you should, a quick glance
at the voltage tells you if the alternator and regulator are working
properly.

 

FWIW,

 

Al

 

Subject: REFLECTOR: alternator field switch

 

I'm starting to wire up my panel. Why is there a switch for the alternator?
So I can shut it off in case the voltage regulator and the over voltage
relay quit working?  

 

Doug Holub

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070406/07e134b6/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list