REFLECTOR: RG Questions
Laurence Coen
lwcoen at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 12:28:26 CDT 2007
I'll second that. My Franklin engine makes extensive use of "Nylock" nuts to hold the case together.
Larry Coen
N136LC
----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Brown
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 2:32 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: RG Questions
"There should be no fiber lock nuts in the engine compartment"
I disagree with this statement. You don't want them on any critical applications - for certain. However, my I/A buddy with many years of experience doesn't feel this is a problem. If you are finding nuts that are loosing their tension - then yes replace them with crush nuts or castled nuts and cotter pins. But the blanket statement of no nylocks or fiber lock nuts in the engine compartment is not accurate.
After 4 years and nearly 350 hours, I have seen no problems with any of the nylocks in my engine compartment.
My opinion!
Ronnie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070406/efc5eb0e/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list