REFLECTOR: Leak testing Fuel Strake

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Fri Apr 6 10:49:23 CDT 2007


I had very good luck with ever so slightly pressurized tanks, and using 
a small tube.  One end in the ear, the other one used to poke into 
various places.

Milehitaz at aol.com wrote:
>  
> Forgive me wise collective:
>  
> I know I have read several of the posts before, never paid enough 
> attention to the answers as it always seemed like it would be so long 
> before I needed the info...
>  
> Other than refrigerant and a "sniffer" to test the "seal" on my 
> strakes...Does someone have a good method they can share? My thought was 
> low air pressure, 2 to 3 psi  and a water bottle with a little soap in 
> it ....spray around the outside of the strake... see if I can blow some 
> bubbles...Thanks in advance for your input,
> Larry Lambert XL/RG
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> See what's free at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list