REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming
Lawrence Epstein,MD
ljepstein at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 07:47:06 CDT 2007
Thanks, but we figured out that I had been shipped the wrong TT's (Form
the XL) and the correct TT's are "in the mail".
Larry
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tstockmn
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:53 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming
Larry
I don't have the exact measurements on me, but I just trimmed the
elevator to match the fuselage with a small gap (maybe 0.5 inches or
less). I also have a 173 FGE with the offset torque tubes. My
tubes only extend a short distance outside the fuselage--definitely not
four inches on each side..
In a message dated 04/02/07 17:42:52 Eastern Daylight Time,
ljepstein at hotmail.com writes:
Well- The "most recent" builder's manual (Web site) says "measure 20
1/2
inches from the center hinge and cut the elevator square".
Remembeing that I have the 173 FGE (ie' big wings/canard-little
fuselage)
that would leave about 4" on either side of the fuselage between
fuselage
side and the elevator. This does not seem correct (although it matches
the
offset torque tubes that I have).
Any other 173's (now SE-LW) can tell me if this is correct? Is there a
shorter set of Torque tubes available?
Larry Epstein
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070406/f3fe074b/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list