REFLECTOR: RG Questions

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Apr 5 18:20:46 CDT 2007


I finished installing the ADC oil filter in the nose.  Figured I had
plenty of clearance, but did a retract test anyway.  It was closer than
I thought, but still OK.  While I had the plane jacked up I checked the
main gear.  There was more play than what I thought it should be,
especially the co-pilot side.  I loosened the nut on the pivot bolts and
it took little wrench pressure to loosen.  How tight should they be?
Then I put a wrench on the bolt to turn it to check for bending.  It
turned easy in the spot it was in, but difficult to turn 180*.  The
bolts had 6 marks on them and my hardware store tells me that is grade
8.  Is that correct?
Anyway, with the bolts turned 180*, all the play is gone.  I did another
retract and dump valve extension and everything worked fine.  I'm
thinking I will try it like this for a while.  Any comments?

John



More information about the Reflector mailing list