REFLECTOR: Wheel clearance at wheel well

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 05:16:36 CDT 2007


Be sure to inflate the main tires to working pressures prior to making the hole in the strake bottom.
I suggest at least 1/2" of clearance between the tire and the lip of the hole opening and the sides of the wheel wells.
SB
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Andrew Ellzey 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:31 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Wheel clearance at wheel well


  The manual tells you to add 1/4 & 1/2 in foam for the clearance for the tire to wheel well side walls. Then it tells you to make a lip from 3/4 to 7/8 in from the side walls in towards the wheel on the outside skin of your strake. This would not allow your tire to come through the hole. I cut the whole in the strake to match my diameter of my wheel with about 1/4 in clearance. Is this enough clearance for your wheel or should I make it closer to 3/8 or even larger. It would ruin my day to have the mains hang up in the wheel well when I get this thing in the air. What has everyone else done for clearance on the wheels and the gear strut?

  Andy Ellzey


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070404/e568a0a7/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list