REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:47:06 CDT 2007


That's what I thought, except the Torque tube fits the measurements in the 
lastest manual. I guess they just copied that chapter from the XL Manual.
I will call the factory tomorrow.

Thanks.

larry


>From: "Al Gietzen" <ALVentures at cox.net>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming
>Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:44:57 -0800
>
>Larry;
>
>I have the offset torque tubes, and the elevator trimmed close to the
>fuselage, as seen in the attached photo (sorry, best one I could find right
>now). You'll need some clearance there, as I recall, the least clearance is
>when the elevator is fully down.
>
>  It is the SE, so you must have the TT for the XL.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Al
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
>Behalf Of lawrence epstein
>Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 1:41 PM
>To: reflector at tvbf.org
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming
>
>Well- The "most recent" builder's manual (Web site) says  "measure 20 1/2
>inches from the center hinge and cut the elevator square".
>Remembeing that I have the 173 FGE (ie' big wings/canard-little fuselage)
>that would leave about 4" on either side of the fuselage between fuselage
>side and the elevator. This does not seem correct (although it matches the
>offset torque tubes that I have).
>
>Any other 173's (now SE-LW) can tell me if this is correct? Is there a
>shorter set of Torque tubes available?
>
>Larry Epstein
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


><< LEXmnted.jpg >>


>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list