REFLECTOR: elevator trim spring

Gary Stull gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Apr 2 19:45:38 CDT 2007


I had the old style straight fiberglass spring. It failed after a few full cycles of flight control checks. I replaced it with a piece of stainless. It has worked great for over 250 hrs.  
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Douglas Holub 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 6:33 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: elevator trim spring


  I've got one of the old elevator trim springs. It's just a straight piece of 9" x 2" fiberglass. (It's not shaped like a question mark.)  My plans mount the linear actuator on the aft side of the canard bulkhead, where the keel is on Elite kits. Did the factory switch to the question mark shape so that it would work with the linear actuator mounted in the doghouse, or is it an improvement no matter where the linear actuator is mounted?

  Doug Holub


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070402/9a540a55/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list