REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming

Jorge Bujanda bujanda at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 2 18:22:06 CDT 2007


I agree with Ronnie Larry.  Velocity probably shipped XL torque tubes with your wing.  

Regards,
Jorge


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ron
Brown
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 4:09 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming

Well, that certainly doesn't sound right.  I have a 173 Elite RG.  I think 
you may have the XL torque tubes?

My tubes ended just outside of my STD fuselage.  I cut my elevators with a 
bit of taper toward the fuselage ensuring that they don't hit the fuselage 
in the up position.

Ronnie

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "lawrence epstein" <ljepstein at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:40 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Elevator Trimming


> Well- The "most recent" builder's manual (Web site) says  "measure 20 1/2
> inches from the center hinge and cut the elevator square".
> Remembeing that I have the 173 FGE (ie' big wings/canard-little fuselage)
> that would leave about 4" on either side of the fuselage between fuselage
> side and the elevator. This does not seem correct (although it matches the
> offset torque tubes that I have).
>
> Any other 173's (now SE-LW) can tell me if this is correct? Is there a
> shorter set of Torque tubes available?
>
> Larry Epstein
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list