REFLECTOR: Wing painting jigs

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 15:56:29 CDT 2006


 

I completely agree.  After painting 2 coats of primer in the fuselage 

back to back my "pot carrying" arm was complaining.  Its only a 2 quart 

pot so its not to bad, but a pressure pot sure makes for easy spraying.  

I only have one full face respirator so I will have to do it alone..

 

Another option that I liked - 15' hoses from pot to gun.  Hang the pot on
the wall; set it on the floor; paint with freedom.

 

Al

 

Terry Miles wrote:

> Nice looking jigs.  Mine were a bit wobbly (sp?), but were quick and

> easy to make.  Scott, I thought of another thing to mention if you use a

> pressure pot and that is have a good strong shoulder, or two people of

> paint.  Your arm will get real tired.  

> Terry

>

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On

> Behalf Of Scott Derrick

> Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:21 AM

> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list

> Subject: REFLECTOR: Wing painting jigs

>

>

> I posted pictures of my wing painting jigs on the reflector..  I made a 

> set for each wing but you could make just one and use it on both wings.

>

> http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=finishing_and_painting%2Fwing_

> painting_jig%2F

>

> Scott

>

>   

 

-- 

 

-

    What county can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned
from time to time that its people preserve the spirit of resistance.

 

    Thomas Jefferson 

 

_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060924/b5836938/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list