REFLECTOR: I'm Pitot(ed) off

Johnny Thompson testpilot at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 22 11:42:07 CDT 2006


Message
  I have one in my office, about 12" long. It is off a UH-1C huye gun ship I went down in one morning in Nam. The heater is 24 volt but that is not too hard to modify. I have been thinking of putting it on my -5 but remember all the nose mounted pitot tubes maintenance had to replace when someone would walk into it. This problem was so common that they moved the tube to the roof.  Now, If I could just find a place to put a mini gun.

  Johnny Thompson


    ----- Original Message ----
    From: Chuck Jensen <cjensen at dts9000.com>
    To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
    Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:47:15 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: I'm Pitot(ed) off


    As Little Richard would say, "help, help, help me"--too bad you can't hear the falsetto and waving hands!

    I'm looking for a 12v heated pitot that fits on the pointy-nose of an airplane....not a right angle type. Just a straight bayonet that mounts in the nose. I know they make 'em because I have one that's only about 3 years old (but now inoperable for reasons I'll not go into). I checked AS&S, Wicks and the usual suspects, but they don't seem to have what I'm looking for--all right angle jobs. Any leads or ideas? 
    Chuck Jensen

    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw     Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060922/82fcdca7/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list