REFLECTOR: Nose Pitot

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 08:31:28 CDT 2006


 Greg, 

I have read the same thing. I also read that if you make sure the Pitot 
extends forward far enough, you will be fine (past the bow wave). That is why my 
Pitot extends 4" past the nose of the aircraft. Of course, if my top speed is 
REALLY fast, .. that may not be enough distance either, but then I won't be able 
to exceed indicated VNE :) 

Im sure someone knows the formula for all this stuff, maybe even with the 
drag coefficient of the nose.... But I used the TLAR formula ("that looks about 
right").  Besides... never liked the "stubby look" anyway. Want that sucker out 
there proud! 

 Kurt Winker
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060922/ef79dfbe/attachment-0001.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 23166 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060922/ef79dfbe/attachment-0002.jpe 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 34276 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060922/ef79dfbe/attachment-0003.jpe 


More information about the Reflector mailing list