REFLECTOR: epoxy pump ratio
Douglas Holub
doug.holub at comcast.net
Sat Sep 16 16:21:58 CDT 2006
You got me curious, so I went and measured the weight ratio of the epoxy
coming out of my pump. I pumped the handle 7 times simultaneously into two
seperate dixie cups, then weighed them with a kitchen gram scale. The
hardener cup weighed 54 grams; the resin cup weighed 111 grams. That comes
out to .486 by weight. But then if you remember to subtract the weight of
the dixie cups (3.5 grams) and calculate again, you get .470 hardener to
resin.
I hope I can live with that (literally.) I always leave a little epoxy in my
cups and give them the scratch test the next day.
Doug Holub
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Goldman" <steve at fatcatair.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: epoxy pump ratio
> lawrence epstein wrote:
>> is that ratio supposed to be by weight or volume??
>
> The measured ratio (.537) is by weight. So my understanding is that
> the volume ratio is 47/100 and by weight is 44/100. Not that
> I'm close to either.
>
> --
> Steve Goldman
> '77 Tiger N28531
> Velocity XL5-RG (T-3485hrs)
> Pittsboro, NC (9NC8)
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list