REFLECTOR: epoxy pump ratio
Steve Goldman
steve at fatcatair.com
Sat Sep 16 13:43:51 CDT 2006
Well I've finally was ready to actually start mixing epoxy to attach the wing
foam cores. First thing I do though is check the ratio I get from my
Michael Eng. pump. It's wrong. When I calculate the wt. ratio I have .537
very consistently. I used two scales and they both agree. I've checked the
distance of the hardener setting and it's correct (2.25 in.) The slide is
directly under the hardener piston like it is supposed to be. I've tried
pumping very slow (waiting 15+ sec. at the bottom of the stroke) to be
sure cavitation shouldn't be an issue. No matter I get the same ratio.
Since the pump is brand new I wouldn't expect a problem with the check
valves but unless the calibration of these things is normally this
far off I'm not sure what to do. (If the calibration is commonly off
this far I can't see the point of the table for all the ratios.)
--
Steve Goldman
'77 Tiger N28531
Velocity XL5-RG (T-3485hrs)
Pittsboro, NC (9NC8)
More information about the Reflector
mailing list