REFLECTOR: Fuel Cap, new topic: anti-static fueling

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 15 08:21:10 CDT 2006


An easier solution IMHO....
1) don't let other people mess with the gas cap... always do it yourself or 
if someone else does get to it first, you go check it.
2) each time you put it in the hole and lock it down, say, outloud, "yes, 
that feels correct" or something similar.  If it is a proper fit, it ain't 
coming out on its own.

ie., don't kludge up something to cover carelessness or inattention.

And speaking of kludges... this is how I prevent static build-up when 
fueling from a can.

Sid
173 RG N199RS
Oklahoma

Larry Lambert wrote...
>...."Gas Cap through a  prop"....Any one chain
> them lil muthas down?    I was  thinking about doing that long time ago 
> but
> almost forgot to ask the wise  collective for input. I once looked in
> Aircraft-Spruce for idea and proper  chain...no luck. I probably missed it 
> in there
> somewhere.
>
> Anyone have experience or ideas that you feel like sharing? I was thinking
> about putting down an aluminum hard point and using some sort of 
> chain...brass?
> Aluminum? SS Cable?  Ground it to filler ring/engine with the wire I am
> putting in?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060915/0deed1e1/attachment-0001.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Anti-static fueling_1.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 41622 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060915/0deed1e1/attachment-0001.jpg 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Anti-static fueling_2.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 59159 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060915/0deed1e1/attachment-0001.jpe 


More information about the Reflector mailing list