REFLECTOR: MT props
gpoole
gpoole at zeta.org.au
Tue Sep 12 22:30:49 CDT 2006
Good summary Scott…but small comfort for TEC, or anybody else looking for a
durable AND reasonably priced C S propeller.
Greg in Sydney.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Baker
Sent: Wednesday, 13 September 2006 8:52 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Engine Build Date for my Velo
Hi TEC,
I know that you have had problems with the Mt on your aircraft. Velocity
(the factory) has been operating Mt propellers for 8+ years on all of its
aircraft. Looking at a sample set of at least 6-installations, we have not
had any major problems. One propeller had excessive grease slinging and
blade play. We paid $400 to Mt to have a 25-hour propeller hub overhauled
with the new style steel blade inserts. We were not happy to pay $$ to
overhaul a virtually new propeller, but did it nevertheless. Overall I give
Mt a "B" grade for performance; a "C" grade for durability; and a "D" grade
for customer service. Up until this last year Mt was the only game in town
with regards to constant speed propellers. Aero Composites looks very
promising and expensive. Whirlwind is giving signals that it is getting
back into the pusher business. Hoffman - forget it. Vesta - not tested on
direct drive engines. Catto appears to be making cs blades for Mt hubs on a
very, very limited basis.
I wish I knew why your installation has been so problematic. All I can say
is that we have had good success with Mt props, as have the Service Center
customers of which we are familiar.
I really wish Mt would make a more rugged propeller. A California customer
just called to report the loss of a gas cap, which caused major damage to
his Mt propeller. I guess props are not designed to withstand this kind of
punishment, however it pains me (and him) to think about the cost of
replacing the propeller.
SB
----- Original Message -----
From: HYPERLINK "mailto:HYTEC45 at aol.com"HYTEC45 at aol.com
To: HYPERLINK "mailto:reflector at tvbf.org"reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Engine Build Date for my Velo
In a message dated 9/12/2006 3:09:17 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, HYPERLINK
"mailto:sbakr at comcast.net"sbakr at comcast.net writes:
Since you already have the MTV-12-(b)model bladed propeller, I would use it.
My feelings are that it will do fine.
Scott,
I have the (b) blades and my IO-360 w/10-1 pistons and the bearings out in
about 40hrs. as I have posted. You feel that this propeller will do fine on
Richard's 10-1 four banger. Please tell me what I am doing wrong? Please
tell mt how to fix it;-)
TEC
_____
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
--
No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.3/446 - Release Date: 12/09/2006
--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.3/446 - Release Date: 12/09/2006
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060913/82698967/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list