REFLECTOR: Engine Build Date for my Velo

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Sep 11 16:07:54 CDT 2006


TEC,

The prop came with the kit when I bought it from the previous owner. 
(Since I already had it, I figured I would just use it.)

The XP-400 is a 4 cylinder engine using the the case for the 360 with 
oversized angle-valve cylinders with bigger valves.

Richard

HYTEC45 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 9/11/2006 12:21:10 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, 
> richard at naples-air-center.com writes:
>
>     I ended up going with the Superior Air Parts XP-400 SRE (Superior
>     Racing
>     Engine) which is their XP-400 with a different cam and high
>     compression
>     cylinders which will develop 250hp (vs the 220hp the standard XP-400
>     generates).
>
>     It should be a good combination MT Prop (MTV-12)
>
> Is the XP-400 a four cylinder?  All the problems I have had with my mt 
> (took off and junked) were due to (according to mt) my installation of 
> high compression pistons (10-1), and the use of electronic ignition 
> (Klaus) in a four cylinder IO-360C.  They said that they only approve 
> the mt on "certified" 360's  I even purchased the "new and improved" 
> blades which did nothing for keeping the bearings, and seals 
> together after 40hrs of operation.  I am now flying with my 
> Performance fixed pitch, and have a Catto on order, and fly with pease 
> of mind that I will get home and not be grounded somewhere. 
>  
> If mt tells you it will work on a high compression 4 banger, ask them 
> about the guy in California who they told it won't.
> TEC
>  
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.2/443 - Release Date: 9/11/2006
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060911/c59bda54/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list