REFLECTOR: NACA scoop

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Sun Sep 10 23:31:02 CDT 2006


That is correct Dave- the large scoop on the pilot side is for the oil
cooler and there is a smaller scoop on the pax side for ambient air - the
problem that you are having by taking air off of the oil cooler plenum, is
that there is not a lot of pressure in there, since there is a big relief
hole on the belly of the plane.  You should look to install the small scoop
to get some good pressure for your vent system- you can either get the scoop
from Velocity, or just form your own...

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Philipsen
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:51 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: NACA scoop

I've got about 12-15 hours now on my newly acquired STD FG and one 
problem I'm noticing is that I don't have very good ventilation in the 
cabin.  The guy who built it used a 1-1/2 inch hose collecting air 
coming into the oil cooler chamber.  Even on 75-80 degree days it gets 
pretty stuffy in there.  It seems like I've seen some builders use a  
NACA scoop on the side near the front.  Is that normally used for 
ventilation?  If so, how big of a scoop would I want to use?  Any 
suggestions/ideas?
 

-- 
Dave Philipsen
STDFG
N171SP


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list