REFLECTOR: Exporting pics to gallery + paint set up jigs

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 8 07:48:14 CDT 2006


Hi Terry,

Thanks for the pictures.  Looking for anything that feeds the motivation.
The wings and canard are looking great.

For upload:

Surf to: www.tvbf.org

Click on "Picture Gallery"

In the upper right click on "login"

Userid:  tvbf
Password: jamaicangoose

I'm not sure, but I believe the userid and password are case sensitive.  If
you are not successful with the login attempt, it simply returns you to the
previous screen without a failure message.  Can be very deceiving.  For that
reason, I usually copy and paste the password in.  I have a hard time
remembering how to spell Jamaican :)

After that your menu is in the upper right.  Create a directory or upload.

Andy 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 6:40 AM
To: amillin at sbcglobal.net; 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Exporting pics to gallery + paint set up jigs

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry.  I know I could do more on this forum.  Here are two pics that
I'll briefly explain below, but first can you help me?  I can get into the
gallery OK, but I cannot figure out how to export my jpg files into it.  Can
you advise?  Thanks

ON THE PICS
In the industrial complex where I am building there is a paint booth with
some leins against it, so it is not in use.  Also I am sure it is no longer
up to code either.  The pics are from with inside the booth.
If anyone wants to fly down here and use it let me know.  No promises at
this point.  Donaldson airport is just a 1/2 mile away and I think we could
find a hangar to pull wings.  There are a lot of hurdles and much baby
sitting to all this.  I am still dancing in the middle of fire, so I know
more in a couple of weeks.  I have the wings done.  The next batch will be
door, control surfaces etc and the fuselage last.  Yes, it fits.  

The wing jigs are about 2 feet tall with 1 x 2 protruding up into the
aileron hard points.  Then the winglet can sit on a 5 gal plastic bucket.
This allows the painter to get a both sides at once.  The carnard is screwed
on to a cross brace at it normal attach points.  Note the counter weight.
That a leg out of an old pair of my jeans and my first sewing attempt after
I got my Sear sewing machine at a garage sale for $30.  It about 30 pounds
of shot.  Works great and it very stable.
The wings are a little less so.  Be sure to mark the wing horse by wing and
which way to the tip.  They are not interchangeble.

Terry



-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:24 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Paint Job


Hey Terry,

All this talk of paint.  How about some pictures?  ;)

Andy

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list