REFLECTOR: [SPAM] ALan Shaw Wing Problem-resolved
lawrence epstein
ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 2 10:42:55 CDT 2006
optical illusion. It is pretty far back and inboard, so it should be fine
>From: "Scott Baker" <sbakr at comcast.net>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: [SPAM] ALan Shaw Wing Problem-resolved
>Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 06:59:18 -0400
>
>Larry,
>You might not be "out of the woods" just yet.
>Looking at the photo of your wing, the conduit appears close to the rudder
>cut line.
>The location of the conduit should be situated approximately 5" further
>forward - or about 11-1/2" forward of the trailing edge of the wing
>according to the manual (for big wing aircraft).
>http://www.velocityaircraft.com/manuals/02_XLG.pdf
>The reason for this, of course, is to position the conduit near the end of
>the rudder horn.
>I don't see this relationship in the photo of your aircraft.
>Am I missing something?
>Best,
>Scott B.
>
>
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "lawrence epstein" <ljepstein at hotmail.com>
>To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 6:32 PM
>Subject: [SPAM] REFLECTOR: ALan Shaw Wing Problem-resolved
>
>
> > Well folks, it helps to talk to the source. I called Alan today (after
>the
> > e-mail).
> >
> > It turns out that with the later sets of wings, Alan recognized that the
> > rudder conduits and the void he was moulding in in that area, were being
> > filled in with spillage during the vacuum process. He therefore
>wrapped
> > the conduit end with duct tape and filled the void with blue foam
> > surrounded
> > by duct tape. This somehow did not make the plans! After he explained
> > this,
> > I found the tape (which I had noticed and was confused about before) and
> > pulled/cut away and I bet no one (if anyone cares) can guess what I
>found,
> > I
> > cavity about 8x6" for the rudder horn, with the conduit end deep in the
> > wing!
> >
> > Larry Epstein
> >
> >
>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list