REFLECTOR: Aeroquip hose

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Oct 31 09:41:02 CST 2006


Craig,

See http://www.sacskyranch.com/statichose.htm

I didn't use the Teflon hoses provided by Velocity in the engine install kit
for this reason.

Keith


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and/or Denise Woolston
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:40 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Aeroquip hose

All the Stainless Steel over-braided lines the factory provides in the
engine installation kits are "translucent "natural" Teflon" looking when I
cut and put the ends on them for all the oil, fuel and drain lines.

The military surplus lines I have cut into have "translucent "natural"
Teflon" looking liners.  I almost used these before I realized I had enough
for the drain lines also.

How can static electricity build up on a Stainless Steel over-braided hose
internally when the over braid is electrically conductive and grounded to
the engine?  (not trying to be a smart ass, asking a legitimate question).

Craig
XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list