REFLECTOR: Aeroquip hose
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Oct 29 15:57:16 CST 2006
Well I finally found some information..
Interesting I just found this quote on Chief's Aircraft about 701 hose.
"Aeroquip Medium Pressure Engine/Fuel/Oil Hose No. 701 is constructed of
a seamless specially formulated AQP elastomer compound inner tube. Over
the inner tube is a partial inner braid of stainless steel wire and a
full coverage outer braid of the same material."
I found this description on Aeroquips website about construction of the
AQP(auto racing) type hose
"Construction: AQP elastomer inner tube, partial stainless steel wire
inner braid and a full stainless steel outer braid reinforcement."
I also read but can't remember where that you have to derate the
pressure ratting if the coupler is a non-cutting type(like sold at
Summit Racing) instead of the aircraft type which does cut the hose
end(like sold at AS).
Scott
Scott Derrick wrote:
> I was going to use Aeroquip AE701 hose which is the replacement for
> Aeroquip 601 hose for fuel and oil lines..
>
> I noticed all the racing shops, Summit, Chief's, ect carry an Aeroquip
> hose called AQP which has identical pressure, temp, ID, OD and lifetime
> specs as aircraft 701 hose. Also the AN flare fittings for this hose
> are 1/2 to 1/3 the price of AN flares from AS or other aircraft supply
> houses.
>
> Is this AQP hose just 701 with a different name? Anybody using it for
> primary fuel and oil lines?
>
> Scott
>
>
--
-
As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be most aware of change in the air however slight lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
William O. Douglas, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
More information about the Reflector
mailing list