REFLECTOR: air filter

michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Oct 25 10:02:57 CDT 2006


Renee Dugas, I think had a really slick air filter arrangement that was 
glassed to the firewall.  If I recall, I think there was a picture in 
the gallery.

Craig and/or Denise Woolston wrote:
> Jorge forwarded me a picture he took during engine runs (thanks Jorge) which
> shows the general setup of the air filter.  I remember looking at Tom's and
> Ueli's but I believe they have IO-540s which have the intake air on the
> bottom.  The IO-550 is on the top and it's pointed to the rear, very
> difficult to integrate with the cowl back there.  I was able to get this
> setup in with out changing/bumping the cowl on top.
> 
> You still have to modify the cowl for the fact that the IO-550 is longer.
> We just finished doing that and it wasn't too bad.  We cut a crescent moon
> off and then angled it away from the cowl and then re-glassed.  Just
> finishing up the fill and sand and it looks pretty good.
> 
> I'll try and get some more photos this weekend.
> 
> Craig
> XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list