REFLECTOR: Champion Plugs

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 09:18:14 CDT 2006


Agreed.  And if you call Michael at Electro Air and he get J.Rose to
call you back, as I recall it, Rose told me anything .025 or better is
OK.  It is very hard to get .030 and not trash a $20 plug.
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of steve korney
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:52 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Champion Plugs



The plugs attached to the electronic ignition should be at .030 to .035
and 
the plugs attached to the mag should be at .018... The timing should be
set 
to 20 Degrees BTDC... On both at 1700 rpm's...

Best... Steve



----Original Message Follows----
From: Dave Philipsen <velocity at davebiz.com>
Reply-To: velocity at davebiz.com,        Velocity Aircraft Owners and
Builders 
list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Champion Plugs
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:32:22 -0500

Well all this talk about spark plugs has me wondering.  I'm just tearing
into my IO360 with an A&P for its annual condition inspection.  I've got
mags on one set of plugs and an Electroair (Rose) ignition on the other
set.  We took both sets of plugs out and the gaps seem to be set the
same (about .020, I think).  Anyway, are there any opinions on what kind
of plugs I should be using and how they should be gapped?  I've heard
that the gap on the electronic ign. plugs can be much larger than for
magnetos.

We're also going to check the mag timing.  Any suggestions on that?
Should the mags and the elec. ign. be set at 25 deg. BTDC?



steve korney wrote:
 > Hi Dean...
 >
 > Maybe you could switch to auto plugs...
 >
 > Best... Steve
 >
 >
 >

--
Dave Philipsen
STDFG
N171SP


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_________________________________________________________________
Use your PC to make calls at very low rates 
https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list