REFLECTOR: Gurney flap

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 15 21:10:56 CDT 2006


I used it on my 173 for a "heavy" right wing.  I siliconed a piece about a foot long and installed it on the back edge (bottom side) of the wing between the aileron and rudder.

I eventually fixed the heavy wing problem by fixing the rudder which was not retracting fully (the internal horn was hitting the inside of the wing).  Now my plane flies straight and level, ball centered.

Ronnie 
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: cgputney at peoplepc.com 
  To: Reflector - 
  Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:27 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Gurney flap


  Will the person recommending 1/8" shrink tubing recently for subject please advise length used?   Full rudder TE? or ?   Thanks, 
  Gordon Putney


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061015/24ee1c67/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list