REFLECTOR: Canard incidence

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 12:48:29 CDT 2006


 
In a message dated 10/6/2006 9:59:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
ALVentures at cox.net writes:

Clean  stall (buffeting) is just below 70 kias, and 1 ½ - 2” trailing edge  
down.


Al,
 
My STD-RG with the original canard w/cuffs & drooping tips stalls  clean at 
70kias with two up front, also showing 2" down deflection of the  elevator.  On 
approach @ 90kt, I see 1" down deflection on the  elevator. Your slow speed 
#'s seem close.  If I remove the cuffs on  the elevator, my stall will be even 
less.  The 1 1/2" up at 175kias  may or may not be out of whack.  With two up 
front @ cruise (158KIAS), my  elevator is neutral.  Is that 175kias you 
mentioned in level  flight?  If I point mine down hill to 175kias, I see about 1" up 
 deflection on the elevator.  I know I have a error in my airspeed, as I  
always true out at 174kt regardless  of altitude/temp.    
 
Don't know what to offer, except my #'s FYI.
 
Are you going to be around Sunday, I may be out warming the oil.  
 
TEC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061006/01499667/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list