REFLECTOR: Exhaust Questions Need durability and HP
brent bourgeois
bjb3013 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 18:24:43 CST 2006
I have a few questions about the exhaust on my Lyc
IO360 powered Std RG. I have the rear pointing
stainless pipes from Velocity. The co pilot side (the
long side) gets cracks every 60 to 100 hours right
behind the #2 junction. No welds have cracked, always
the pipe wall. This pipe has been trimmed as short as
possible and still get past the fairing.I always have
at least 2 pieces of thick safety wire on both sides
to hold everything in in the event of total breakage.
Is this normal?
Why do the new pipes face forward? Why do I want all
of this heat in the cowling. Do they have a long side
and crack like the rear pointing pipes. Do they have
slip joints? Why not weld up a set that drops straight
down ? Four pipes could be used or a 2 into 1
pointing down. If the pipes point outward slightly
they would not be over 12 inches long, possibly much
shorter.
I was told at the symposium that the standard Velocity
pipes cost 2-6 horse power on a dyno. What size is
optimum for the drop pipe and the tail pipe?
Are any drawings available with dimensions to build
your own. What type of stainless are the factory pipes
and what thickness are they (would thicker help)
Should I use 304 or 321 stainless.
Thanks ahead of time for help with my project
Brent
985-785-8299
____________________________________________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com
More information about the Reflector
mailing list