REFLECTOR: Finish work on the doors
bdtopp at comcast.net
bdtopp at comcast.net
Tue Nov 28 07:31:35 CST 2006
Andy,
I too did the final finish work on my doors with the engine on (wings were not on) because I heard the same warning. I recently had the wings and engine off to do some work. I noticed that putting the wings on causes my doors to bind far more than just the engine on. The binding occurs when I latch the doors. The latch pins don't align as well with the wings on. Once the door is latched, the door returns to perfect alignment. With just the engine on, the door latches much easier as the latch pins align better. In either case (wings on or off, engine on or off), the fit returns to perfect alignment once the door is latched.
Bruce
-------------- Original message --------------
From: "Andy Millin" <amillin at sbcglobal.net>
Hello all,
I'm doing some of the finish work on the fuselage. I have been warned not to do the fit on the doors until after the engine has been hung. I'll wait for that.
Could anyone with the experience let me know how the fit will change when the engine is on? Where will the doors bind? Where will there be gaps?
Can I do the finish work around the strake/arm rest portion before I hang the engine?
Thanks,
Andy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061128/8e42b016/attachment.htm
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded message was scrubbed...
From: "Andy Millin" <amillin at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Finish work on the doors
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 03:56:45 +0000
Size: 862
Url: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061128/8e42b016/attachment.mht
More information about the Reflector
mailing list