REFLECTOR: engine....

Alex alex157 at pwhome.com
Wed Nov 15 11:45:27 CST 2006


Problem is the fuel is gone really fast- I think there have been 2 other
Velo's with TP installations- both crashed from fuel exhaustion- not saying
it is not workable,  and it sure is cool and all, just not really practical-
VNE will still be the same- even if you get 4000 fpm climb. 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Hal Smith
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 3:15 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: engine....

Matt,

I am thinking about going turboprop on my plane.  I have looked at the 250,
PT-6, Innodyne and any others that I can get info on.  I would be interested
in any info you may have on available engines.  I am building an XLRG and I
am about a year away from installing an engine so I have plenty of time yet.

I live in Lynnwood, Washington.

Hal Smith,
h.smith61 at verizon.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "matt" <mbuc310 at cox.net>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 6:57 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: engine....


> Any thought ever given to putting in 1 of these 420 shp Rolls-Royce
> 250-C20B? It is out of a MD 520N helicopter. Stick a PSRU on it,. run it
> around 350 continout HP... 3 or 4 blade CS prop, single power lever 
> control.
> It is small, light and goes forever, at least till the fuel is gone.
> Matt
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> -- 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.13.27/517 - Release Date: 11/3/2006
>
> 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list