REFLECTOR: Franklin Mag

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Nov 14 19:21:09 CST 2006


Guilty as charged.  I have the slick mag off.  The A/P I work with does not have the
tool to hold the mag while it is apart, but he says if I keep the gear from moving I
don't need the tool.  Anyone agree?
What is the gap?  0.018?
How do I make sure it is lined up right for remounting to the engine?

Thanks,
John

Laurence Coen wrote:

> John,
>
> Normal maintenance on a magneto at annual is to lube the cam and check the
> point gap.  If this was not done, it's time.
>
> Larry Coen
> N136LC
> SE-RG Franklin/IVO
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
> To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 11:16 AM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Franklin Mag
>
> > In the past I could start with just one mag and turn on the EI after.
> > Now it won't start on the mag alone.  I have 500 hours and I think it
> > may be time to replace the mag.  What are others doing?  Rebuild?
> > Replace?
> > Thanks,
> > John
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > To change your email address, visit
> > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> >
> > Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> > user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> > Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> >
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list