REFLECTOR: Jack Stands
Dave Black
dvblack at comcast.net
Tue Nov 14 08:50:35 CST 2006
Chuck,
> What are the best ideas out there for good jack stands for the Velo.
> Desired characteristics are light as a feather, will lift small
> buildings and solid as the Rock of Gibraltar...but I'm not
> picking--don't care what color!! I have some homemade ones from 4"
> square steel tubing for the uprights welded onto steel tire rims for a
> base. Real solid, but the hernia surgeries are getting expensive.
I have inexpensive bottle jacks glassed to the top of 4x4 posts. In
earlier versions (shown) the post was held held upright by 2x4s at a 45°
angle. A better method is to use 3/4" plywood cut to 45° angle for
supports.
Sorry I can't find a close-up of the jack, but you get the idea...
Dave Black
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 22mar00b-25-.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 28801 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061114/65326d14/attachment-0002.jpg
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 22mar00b-29.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 47592 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061114/65326d14/attachment-0003.jpg
More information about the Reflector
mailing list