REFLECTOR: OAT Locations
Ann DaSilva
samann1 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 11 07:43:21 CST 2006
In my Vel standard FG, I ran the wire inside the nose gear leg and the probe
is at the bottom opening held in with RTV silocone. Sam
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Craig and Denise Woolston
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 10:43 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: OAT Locations
Soliciting OAT locations that people have found successful. John and I
have tried sticking out the bottom near the nose gear leg and now have tried
sticking out the fresh air duct in the nose. In both cases the radiant heat
form the front oil cooler is heating our nose compartment enough to cause
the OATs to run hot. Mind you this is a fixed gear so we have relatively
little air flow in the nose compartment which I think is compounding the
problem.
Thanks,
Craig
XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061111/a7a4ae5e/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list