REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Fri Nov 10 23:06:24 CST 2006


Yes, I had this exact experience, and my was busted.  Did you use BMA cables or did you build your own?  I built mine, and they recommended that I try a standard DB9 serial cable.  It can't carry quite the needed current, but will prove that the wiring is correct, and that the controller is bad.  I sent mine back to BMA, and they repaired it and returned it within a week, now it just clicks once when I power it up, and and clicks when engaged.  If I engage it and change heading, it steps up gradually just like the manual says.

Brett
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Craig and Denise Woolston 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 10:57 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot


  Anyone out there with Blue Mountain Avionics Autopilot experience?  I tried engaging for the first time today and the servos came to life as soon as I applied power to the controller, which is in direct conflict with the book.  It says it shouldn't do anything until you "engage" it.  When I do try "engaging" it, the servos just jump around, and the display flashes "DISENGAGE".  I have a EFIS LIte with 2.23 software.  This was all on the ground, although it does the same thing in flight also.  Any suggestions?

   

  Craig

  XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061111/73a24041/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list