REFLECTOR: Ready to fly

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Nov 8 17:54:44 CST 2006


The folks at GRT came to the aircraft during OSH and offered to install the 

latest software, which they did to one of the units.  Bad decision. 

Pre-programmed displays/layout are gone.  Word of advise to all non-TSO EFIS


owners (makes not difference what brand) ... do not accept any software 

"updates" unless you plan to a) have a tech rep nearby to fix glitches and 

b) be grounded until everything gets fixed.

SB

 

Hum-m-m.  I've updated the GRT software twice, and added terrain without any
difficulties.

 

I agree with previous observations about the manuals - installation manual
was OK but I find it doesn't answer many of my questions about operation.  I
guess the operation was intuitive to the author who was familiar with the
software, and it is assumed that it would be intuitive to anyone.  I though
maybe it was just me.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061108/ace27414/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list