REFLECTOR: Door hinges

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Mon Nov 6 20:24:44 CST 2006


I was bummed when I saw all those nice V's at shows with warped upper doors. 
I ended up redoing my doors to only use 18 LB gas springs. I added a little 
strength to the upper door area as well. After I flush mounted the hinges and 
got the doors the way I wanted, I painted them with Black Tempra (water based) 
paint, and pushed it out into the sun. 

The doors now fit perfectly, and over the last couple of years working on my 
V-6 Chevy Engine install, the doors remain perfectly alligned. The only side 
effect is that they dont quite open as high as the "stock" velocity. Works for 
me as I am not that tall, but some others have to duck or get beaned. As far 
as entry goes, a slight "duck" is hardly an inconvienience to entry. 

Kurt Winker



In a message dated 11/6/2006 3:46:57 PM Mountain Standard Time, 
dugasd at bellsouth.net writes:
Remember that the nitrogen cylinder will likely push up anyway making the 
door lift.  Very disappointing after days of sanding- but likely outcome.  As the 
hinge wears the door lifts more.
Rene’
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20061106/0de407f8/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list