REFLECTOR: Insurance - OUCH!

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed May 17 23:05:15 CDT 2006


Al,

 

When I bought my A35 Bonanza, Avemco required 20 hours dual, followed by 

10 hours solo before carrying passengers.

 

All I had was a SEL Private ticket, with about 250 hours, and about the 

same  complex/HP as you do.  So their requirement doesn't seem all that 

far off from what I had to do.  The problem of course is you need to get 

the dual and solo done before they will be willing to have you fly off 

phase 1.  Cart before the horse.  Maybe they would do liability only and 

let you fly off the phase 1, after you get the dual time done? 

 

Thanks, Scott.  I guess it helps to know they are unreasonable with
everyone.  The pilot qulaification restriction applies to liability as well
as hull. We're working on them a bit regarding the hours.  So far they've
agreed that my dual time can be in my plane with my test pilot, even though
he is not a CFI.  

 

Liability only is $699; so the hull coverage is about $4200. Liability plus
not in motion coverage (fire, theft, etc.) is about $2800. 

 

We'll see,

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20060517/44e50066/attachment.htm


More information about the Reflector mailing list